Immigration and emigration

Immigration to and emigration from the Faroe Islands.

People who move to the Faroe Islands from abroad are required to report this to their Faroese municipality of residence, which reports to the national register. Residents who emigrate to a Nordic country register at the destination municipality, which reports to the Faroese municipality. Residents who move to a Nordic country are therefore excepted from the requirement to report emigration.


  • Net migration is the difference between the number of immigrants over emigrants. 

See also Net migration.

Rotate phone
Turn to landscape for a better view
Note: Monthly