Induced abortions for resident women.
- The ‘per 1,000 unit’ is used to account for differences in population, sex distribution, etc. This makes it possible to compare periods with e.g. different populations.
- Abortion rate by age group is the number of induced abortions per 1,000 women in the same age group. The women's age is listed as her age at the end of the year in which the abortion took place.
- Total abortion rate is the number of abortions 1,000 women of reproductive age would have undergone if:
- The current abortion rate for the relevant age group persists.
- and they all live beyond 50 years of age.
- Index shows the year-to-year percentage change, with a base year set at 100. The difference between two years is measured in percentage points.